The College of Education and External Studies (CEES) Library was formed in October 2011, after the re-organization and merger of the School of Education and the Institute of Adult and Continuing Education (IACE) libraries, which were branch libraries of Makerere University Library. It comprises the CEES Library collection, housed at the formerIACE building, now renamed School of Distance and Lifelong Learning (SoDLL), and the CEES Book Bank collection housed at former School of Education library; within the Curriculum and Media studies building with books from the Departments of Foundations and Curriculum Studies (DFCS), Open and Distance Learning (DODL) and Adult and Community Education (DACE). Book Bank books from the three departments: Humanities and Language Education (DHLE), Science, Technical and Vocational Education(DSTVE) and the East African School of Higher Education Studies and Development (EASHESD) have not yet been transferred to CEES Book Bank due to shortage of space but can be accessed from their various departments. The primary users of CEES Library and Book Bank collections are staff and students of the College. In addition, staff and students of Makerere University plus registered external users who conduct research in education related areas can also access the CEES collection.
- About 30, 000 monographs (Including book bank books).
- About 3,300 bound periodicals.
- About 950 dissertations and theses.
- About 200 bound newspapers (The New Vision and The Monitor).
- About 45 audio visual materials.
- Daily Newspapers: The New Vision and The Monitor.
- Reader services
- Loan services
- User Education
- Current Awareness Services (CAS)
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- Information Literacy training
- Outreach services (Document Delivery Services)
- Research carrels (Reserved for Graduate students at CEES Book Bank)
- Computer services (An internet kiosk with 10 PCs for undergraduates at CEES Book Bank)
For enquiries contact:
Grace Akello – College Librarian, CEES Library