The Directorate of Research and Graduate Training in collaboration with the Makerere University Library, announces the PhD Crosscutting Training Course: .
Dates: Monday 18th to 29th June 2018
Venue: Multipurpose Computer Lab, Main Library (New Extension 2nd Floor), Makerere University.
Course Content: The content will include:
- Introduction to the research process, including elements of the research proposal
- Introduction to bibliographic searches for literature review
- Sources of information
- Searching Makerere University Library in-house databases (MakULA, MakIR and AIM)
- Searching specific databases (E-Library, Sage, OUP, EBSCO, Jstor, HINARI, OARE, AGORA, TEEAL, ARDI, Cochrane, Emerald, Wiley, etc.)
- Document Delivery Services (DDS)
- Management of multiple electronic files
- Professional citing and quotation
- Reference management using Endnote and Mendely
- Scholarly writing and communications skills
- Presentation of research work.
Target audience/Eligibility: PhD students. Max.No: 50 on the basis of first come-first serve.